Organic Smooth Terracotta Unsealed Tile 12"x12"
- - Interior walls and flooring, kitchen islands, entryway walls, backsplashes, fireplace surrounds and decorative walls.
- - Commercial flooring, decorative areas such as restaurants feature walls, bar faces or walls, and office walls.
- - Stair risers/ Treads
- - Some outdoor applications under a covered area. Outdoor kitchens in warmer climates and most areas not directly exposed to freezing conditions.
- Areas exposed to harsh freezing conditions, sloped floors in wet areas, and shower floors or walls.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Organic Terracotta requires maintenance over time. We recommend regular cleaning of your terracotta with a non-acidic and ammonia-free cleaning product. We prefer Fabuloso.
The top-coat sealant will need to be reapplied periodically. The timeframe between resealing will depend on your prefered patina look and the application of your terracotta. Exterior, high-exposure and high-traffic applications will need to be resealed more often.
Organic Terracotta arrives to you UNSEALED and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to apply sealer to this tile to avoid water absorption. We recommend our Ultra-Low VOC sealer but other sealers can be used, we recommend to test your sealer on a few pieces prior to full application.
Imperfection and Patina
Although smooth in texture, this tile features imperfections such as chipping, hairline cracks, color variation and some distressing. This is common and will be part of your tiles variation. Be sure to mix all boxes prior to installation. For chipped pieces, we recommend to include these pieces in your installation. If a distressed look is not desired, you can reserve chipped pieces for cuts.
Patina is the natural change in visual appearance as a material ages. Organic Terracotta tiles gain a worn-in patina look, often featuring deepened coloration and increased color variation.
GroutFor a more traditional, larger grout joint style installation, consider using Saltillo specific gray grout. For a more conventional installation, we recommend Mapei Ultracolor Plus FA. Our contemporary grout color recommendation, Mapei Ultracolor Plus FA Color: 94 Straw
Depending on the desired look, you can use grout joint spacers up to ¾.” We recommend a minimum spacing of 1/4”. For additional information, please read our blog.