Keeping your equipales fresh for years to come
Everyone knows that Clay Imports makes the world's most well designed clay building products. But did you know that Clay Imports also produces the world's highest quality equipale furniture? Equipales are a praise piece of furniture known for their history and durability. That’s why it is important to keep your equipales in good condition. This guide is going to share with you the best tips and tricks to keep your equipales clean.
- What are equipales?
- What type of linings do you use for your equipales?
- How to Clean Your Vegan Leather Equipale
What are equipales?
The word “Equipal'' comes from the nahuatl word for “seat” and they were designed by skilled artisans of the Aztec Empire to build a piece of furniture suitable for emperors and high officials. Though equipales are often referred to as Mexican furniture, the tradition of equipale furniture predates Mexico itself, originating from indigenous communities, over 600 years ago.
What type of linings do you use for your Equipales?
Clay Imports strives to maintain the traditional design of Equipale furniture while considering sustainability and durability. That’s why we offer two types of materials for Equipale furniture: painted leather, traditional natural leather and vegan synthetic leather. Though natural leather is the original experience and the material most folks want, this material is rather delicate and should only be used indoors. Our vegan leather is designed for outdoor use; they feature a stain and weather-resistant upholstery and a durable deck sealant applied to the rosewood frame, making them a more durable piece of furniture.
How to Clean Your Vegan Leather Equipale
- Wipe away any loose dust, dirt or debris from your equipale.
- Dilute a household, all-purpose cleaner to about the strength that you would use for cleaning a bathroom.
- Use a plastic bristled brush and liberally scrub the surface. For heavily soiled areas cleaner concentrate can be added directly to the fabric.
Brush the dirt from your equipale smoothly but firmly
- Rinse and let dry.
- Once fully dry, you can add a coating of deck protector to the natural wood. Make sure the equipale is completely dry, otherwise, your deck protector could not work as intended.
- Lastly, if desired, the painted wood base can be touched up with an exterior grade water based paint.
Equipale are known for their endurance and durability, but that doesn’t mean they don’t need maintenance from time to time. By following these steps, you can make sure your vegan equipale will be usable for many years to come. And if you don’t have a Clay imports equipale, take a look at our equipale collection and find yours today! And remember, if you have any questions or require more information, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org