D'Hanis Red Terracotta San Felipe Satin Sealed Tile 12"
- Interior floors, walls, mudrooms, kitchen islands, entryways, backsplashes, fireplace surrounds, bathroom floors, and decorative walls.
- Commercial and high-traffic areas such as restaurants, bars, and offices.
- Stair risers and stair treads.
- Some outdoor applications, such as patio floors under a covered area. Outdoor kitchens and showers in warmer climates and most areas not directly exposed to freezing conditions.
Avoid use in
- Areas exposed to harsh freezing conditions, sloped floors in wet areas, and shower floors.
D'Hanis vs Saltillo
Dhanis Red Terracotta tile is more refined than Saltillo tiles and they are flatter, smoother, and less varied in color and sheen. Dhanis Red Terra cotta tiles have ridged edges and corners that are minimally tumbled to reduce chipping. Saltillo tiles are going to be more varied in color and size and will have a prominent texture and more surface irregularities. If you want a more organic, natural-looking Terra cotta, go with Saltillo. If you prefer a more predictable tile with less character, go with the Dhanis Red Terra cotta tile.
Grout Product and Color
For a more traditional, larger grout joint style installation, consider using Saltillo specific gray grout. For a more conventional installation, we recommend Mapei Ultracolor Plus FA. For additional information, please read our blog.
Depending on the desired look, you can use grout joint spacers up to ¾.” We recommend a minimum spacing of 1/4”. For additional information, please read our blog.