Cotto Tierra Subway Tile 4"x8"
- Interior floors, walls, mudrooms, kitchen islands, entryways, backsplashes, fireplace surrounds, bathroom floors and decorative walls.
- Commercial and high traffic areas such as restaurants, bars and offices.
- Stair risers and stair treads.
- Some outdoor applications, such as, patio floors under a covered area. Outdoor kitchens and showers in warmer climates and most areas not directly exposed to freezing conditions.
- Shower walls and floors and other wet areas (additional sealing recommended).
Avoid use in
- Areas exposed to harsh freezing conditions.
Cotto is handcrafted and high fired. It is very durable (breaking strength ≥ 365 lbf). Due to its dense body, it is non-slippery and almost non-absorbent (moisture absorption ≤ 5.3%). We love our Cotto Terracotta tile for its warm leather look paired with its moderate maintenance and strength – perfect for patios and wet areas! It offers a beautiful and durable surface for all floors and wall applications.
Our natural Cotto Terracotta tiles are unsealed but do require sealer in order to preserve their beauty. We recommend the usage of a high quality penetrating sealer such as 511 Impregnator or 511 Porous Plus.
Grout Product and Color
For a more traditional, larger grout joint style installation, consider using Saltillo specific gray grout. For a more conventional installation, we recommend Mapei Ultracolor Plus FA. For additional information, please read our blog.
Depending on the desired look, you can use grout joint spacers up to ¾.” We recommend a minimum spacing of 1/4”. For additional information, please read our blog.