Traditional Smooth Gloss Sealed
$2.34 – $6.54 per piece
Finish : Gloss Sealed (Pre-sealed with oil based sealer.)
Texture : Smooth
Variation : V-3 (Moderate Variation)
Sample : Sample Available Immediately. Please add at least 3-4 samples to cart to see color/texture variations.
What’s the difference between a Saltillo “Traditional” and “Super“?
Contrary to the Saltillo Super tiles, “Traditional” are made with a wood frame instead of a metal mold. This is the original method of making handmade Saltillo tile. The artisans mix the natural clay with water, making it very wet, leading to an almost pourable consistency. Then they place wooden frames on the ground and pat the very wet clay into them by hand. After that, artisans lift the frame and the tiles dry in the sun. And finally, the tiles are fired in the cave kiln.
For this reason
- Saltillo traditional tiles have squared edges
- Due to the irregular square-edging of a “Traditional”, this tile appears more rustic than the “Super“
- you can grout the “Traditional” with a narrower grout line, than ‘Super‘.
12"x 12", 16"x16", 8"x8"
Gloss Sealed (Pre-sealed with oil based sealer.)
Suitable for floors, walls, showers, backsplashes, fireplace surrounds, exterior kitchens, exterior showers, etc. Also suitable for commercial use in restaurants or bars.
Returns & Shipping
- In stock orders placed during Monday-Friday will ship out within 3-5 business days after they are placed. Please contact us if you are in need of a faster turnaround time.
- Return and Cancellation Policy – We do not accept returns of any of our products. Please read our policy prior to placing an order.
- Shipping Policy
Photo by Madeline Harper Photography
– Livingroom space
Design: Endy Teran-Levin