Brick Gloss Sealed
$2.00 – $2.20 per piece
Finish : Gloss Sealed (Pre-sealed with oil based sealer.)
Texture : Smooth
Variation : V-3 (Moderate Variation)
Sample : Sample Available Immediately. Please add at least 3-4 samples to cart to see color/texture variations.
Saltillo tiles are sourced exclusively from Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. They are produced of pure natural clay and are 100% handmade. Saltillo tiles are available in many shapes and sizes, ranging from 4 inch hexagons to 18” squares. Due to the handmade production process, Saltillo tiles vary in size and thickness from piece to piece. This product is also rated high in color variation. It’s an authentic terra-cotta artisanal craft-good. From kitchen backsplashes to patio floors, Saltillo tiles work well in almost any application.
The artisans stack the tiles in the cave kilns on end, slightly overlapping so that they will not fall over. Prior to firing, they seal the opening of the kiln with clay to prevent heat from escaping. Then, they start the fire at the bottom of the cave. Furthermore, they add fuel to increase the heat until the kiln reaches proper temperature. As soon as all oxygen of the cave atmosphere is used up, the flame then seeks the next available source of oxygen, which is the iron oxide in the clay tile. The flame burns it, hence flashing the exposed surfaces of the tile. Accordingly, the light buff color in the tile is the area that was flashed and the peach color in the tile is the area, which is shielded from the flame by other tiles.
Gloss Sealed (Pre-sealed with oil based sealer.)
V-3 – Moderate variation where the color on one tile will be indicative of colors in other tiles; however, the amount of color on each may vary.
Suitable for floors, walls, showers, backsplashes, fireplace surrounds, exterior kitchens, exterior showers, etc. Also suitable for commercial use in restaurants or bars.
Returns & Shipping
- Did you order In stock Tile?
– If you selected “Local Pick Up”, you’ll receive an email when your order is available for pickup.
– If you selected “UPS or LTL Freight”, you will receive tracking information when it has shipped out. Please note, orders will be packed within 3-5 business days from the date payment was received.
- Did you order Made to order Tile?
– If the order was placed online, lead times will be provided on the product page. If you placed an order with a team member, please refer to the lead time provided on your invoice. Made to order tiles will be produced within the lead time provided.
- Return and Cancellation Policy – We do not accept returns of any of our products. Please read our policy prior to placing an order.
- Shipping Policy
Interior Design by Emily Seed Interiors
Architecture by Chelsea Scharbach
Photography by Kelsey Harp