Merida Gold Clay
$6.90 per piece
Size : 8″x8″
Finish : Semi Gloss
Texture : Smooth
Variation : V-2 (Slight Variation)
Lead time : Made to order. Ships from warehouse within 10-12 weeks.
Sample : No Sample Available Immediately.
- Please input your needed square footage in the box below. We recommend adding an additional 15% to your actual area to account for overage, cuts and waste.
- Product Details
- Product Video
- Resources & Specifications
- Returns & Shipping
What is Encaustic Pattern Clay Tile?
Clay Imports developed our “Encaustic Pattern Clay” line, to simulate the look of cement tiles immediately following insulation, with a mild sheen – like the Merida Gold Clay. We produced this line by applying a decorative glaze layer on top of a durable clay body then firing the tile at a high temperature. The firing process makes this produce resilient to moisture absorption. Therefore, they do not need to be sealed (low maintenance tile) and will not patina. Though they are also handmade and include great handmade characteristics, they are easier to care for than popular cement tiles and significantly easier to installer. If you are looking for a low maintenance tile, then go with Encaustic Pattern Clay.
- No sealing required
- No staining
- Low maintenance
- Compatible with transitioning to other flooring materials.
- Only 1/2″ tile body thickness
- An overall size tolerance is less than 2mm
Important Installation Note
Merida Gold Clay tiles show variation in colors and design; these tiles will not be identical piece to piece. This is a result of the handmade process and the nature of glaze firing. If properly installed, Encaustic CLAY tiles will result in a beautiful, durable, easy to maintain surface that can be enjoyed for many years. Please read our encaustic pattern clay installation guideline prior to installation.
- Mixing tiles from different boxes during setting is suggested to produce a beautiful and natural appearance.
- WE ADVISE AGAINST USING BLACK GROUT
1 square foot = 2.25 pieces
Suitable for floors, walls, showers, backsplashes, fireplace surrounds, exterior kitchens, exterior showers, etc. Also suitable for commercial use in restaurants or bars.
Resources & Specifications
Returns & Shipping
- Did you order In stock Tile?
– If you selected “Local Pick Up”, you’ll receive an email when your order is available for pickup.
– If you selected “UPS or LTL Freight”, you will receive tracking information when it has shipped out. Please note, orders will be packed within 3-5 business days from the date payment was received.
- Did you order Made to order Tile?
– If the order was placed online, lead times will be provided on the product page. If you placed an order with a team member, please refer to the lead time provided on your invoice. Made to order tiles will be produced within the lead time provided.
- Return and Cancellation Policy – We do not accept returns of any of our products. Please read our policy prior to placing an order.
- Shipping Policy
Design : Carey Dodson Architecture & Design