Antique Hexagon Gloss Sealed
$3.50 per piece
Size : 12″
Finish : Gloss Sealed (Pre-sealed with oil based sealer.)
Texture : Hand-Textured & Non-Slip surface
Variation : V-3 (Moderate variation)
Lead time : Made to order. Ship from warehouse within 6-8 weeks.
Sample : Sample Available Immediately. Please add at least 3-4 samples to cart to see color/texture variations.
- Please input your needed square footage in the box below. We recommend adding an additional 15% to your actual area to account for overage, cuts and waste.
What is Antique Saltillo tile?
Antique Hexagon Gloss Sealed is traditional Saltillo Tile with a rustic texture sourced exclusively from Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. They are produced of pure natural clay and are 100% handmade and available in many shapes and sizes, ranging from 4 inch hexagons to 18” squares.
- The rugged or distressed surface allows for a century-old look right out of the box.
- Antique Saltillo has a higher slip resistance than traditional Saltillo Tile.
- Due to the handmade production process, Saltillo tiles vary in size and thickness from piece to piece.
- Rated high in color and texture variation.
It’s an authentic terra-cotta artisanal craft-good. From kitchen backsplashes to patio floors, Saltillo tiles work well in almost any application. Want to more about Saltillo tile? Please read Let’s talk Saltillo Tile.
Important Installation Note
Antique Hexagon Gloss Sealed tiles show variation in colors and textures; these tiles will not be identical piece to piece. This is a result of the handmade process. If properly installed, Saltillo tiles will result in a beautiful, durable, easy to maintain surface that can be enjoyed for many years. Please read our Saltillo tile installation guideline prior to installation. PLEASE CONFIRM that your tile is pre-sealed. Though pre-sealed tiles do not require further sealing, using a conventional “grout release” will increase the efficiency of grout application. We recommended to apply a grout test on a loose piece of tile prior to full grout application.
- We suggested that mix tiles from different boxes during setting to produce a beautiful and natural appearance.
- Note that grout will adhere as a permanent fixture to the surface texture. Consider the above when selecting your grout color.
Gloss Sealed (Pre-sealed with oil based sealer.), Hand-textured & Non-slip surface
1 square foot = 1.2 pieces
V-3 – Moderate variation where the color on one tile will be indicative of colors in other tiles; however, the amount of color on each may vary.
Where can I use Saltillo tile?
Saltillo tiles are largely used for flooring. Also suitable for fireplace surrounds, commercial use in restaurants or bars.
Where can’t I use Saltillo tile?
Saltillo tile is not designed for freezing temperatures and not ideal for shower walls and other applications that are difficult to keep clean.
Returns & Shipping
- Did you order In stock Tile?
– If you selected “Local Pick Up”, you’ll receive an email when your order is available for pickup.
– If you selected “UPS or LTL Freight”, you will receive tracking information when it has shipped out. Please note, orders will be packed within 3-5 business days from the date payment was received.
- Did you order Made to order Tile?
– If the order was placed online, lead times will be provided on the product page. If you placed an order with a team member, please refer to the lead time provided on your invoice. Made to order tiles will be produced within the lead time provided.
- Return and Cancellation Policy – We do not accept returns of any of our products. Please read our policy prior to placing an order.
- Shipping Policy