Abanico Smooth Matte Sealed 6"
- Interior floors, walls, mudrooms, kitchen islands, entryways, backsplashes, fireplace surrounds, bathroom floors and decorative walls.
- Commercial and high traffic areas such as restaurants, bars and offices.
- Stair risers and stair treads.
- Some outdoor applications, such as, patio floors under a covered area. Outdoor kitchens and showers in warmer climates and most areas not directly exposed to freezing conditions.
Avoid use in
- Areas exposed to harsh freezing conditions, sloped floors in wet areas and shower floors.
Matte Seal Note
Clay Imports “Matte Sealer” is a great option for keeping the natural appearance of terra-cotta while providing protection from water absorption. Clay Imports Matte Sealed Tiles are coated with 3 layers of water repellent. Please note that though water repellent sealer is a great barrier against water, it does not provide significant stain protection from other elements, such as shoe scuffs and ink marks. Be aware that if this product is used in high traffic areas or areas exposed to heavy moisture, over time, it will darken, discolor and stain. Following installation, it is required to maintain your Pure Matte Sealed Tiles with Miracle Sealant Porous Plus. One to two top-coats of Porous Plus applied annually will provide great long term protection without changing the factory finish of your tile.
Grout Product and Color
For a more traditional, larger grout joint style installation, consider using Saltillo specific gray grout. For a more conventional installation, we recommend Mapei Ultracolor Plus FA. For additional information, please read our blog.
Depending on the desired look, you can use grout joint spacers up to ¾.” We recommend a minimum spacing of 1/4”. For additional information, please read our blog.