Clay Imports teams up with Lucky Robot’s head chef to bring you a versatile entrée bowl
Lucky Robot Sushi sits on what is now one of the prime restaurant strips in all of Austin: South Congress or “SoCo”. The vibrant sushi fusion restaurant’s head chef Jay Huang teamed up with Poco x Clay to bring you a unique, and versatile entrée bowl that brings out the best in your food. Contrasting colors on the plate make your dish stand out, making for a more exciting food experience.
Lucky Robot prides itself on being the only sushi restaurant to dry age a mix of exotic and common fish to serve on the menu. Chef Jay was influenced by the recent trend of dry aging beef and decided to join the party with his own innovative twist.
Chef Jay and Clay Imports share a commitment to sustainability. Lucky Robot has been recognized as the first sustainable sushi restaurant in Texas by the James Beard Foundation. Clay Imports continues to use sustainable materials and manufacturing practices while also developing new approachable, everyday products.
Here’s a mouth watering fusion Brisket Fried Rice recipe from Chef Jay himself. Enjoy!
Brisket Fried Recipe
Fried Rice Ingredients
- 4 oz. brisket diced
- ½ yellow onion, small dice
- 1 ear corn
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Cups cook and chilled rice
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- To taste, Salt
- To taste, Black pepper
Garnish Ingredients and Instructions
- 4 large eggs
- 12 oz. brisket, sliced
- Blanch the corn for one minute and shock in ice water.
- Remove the kernels and reserve.
- Warm a wok or large pan over medium high heat.
- Add brisket to pan and cook on one side until crispy and remove. Leave fat in the pan.
- Turn the heat to high and add vegetable oil.
- Add onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add butter and the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add rice and cook. Stir frequently until crispy.
- Add sesame oil, aji panca purée, and soy sauce and mix well.
- Fold in corn kernels.
- Season with sesame seeds, black pepper, and salt.
- Portion the rice into 3-4 bowls.
- Layer the sliced brisket over the top
- Fry the eggs sunny side up and place in the bowls next to the brisket
- To assemble the salsa criolla, combine the pickled watermelon radish with sliced red onion and tomatoes and dress with lime juice and season with salt.
- Garnish with watermelon salsa criolla.
Salsa Criolla Ingredients
- 1 Watermelon Radish
- ½ Red Onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 lime
Pickling Liquid Ingredients
- 1 ½ Cup White Vinegar
- ½ Cup White sugar
- ½ Tbsp Chili Garlic Sambal
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Cup Ice Water
Pickled Watermelon Radish Instructions
- Peel the watermelon radish.
- Julienne the radish
- Combine all the ingredients for the pickling liquid, except for the water, and bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, remove off heat and add the ice water to chill.
- Add the julienne radish and allow to marinate for 1 day.